To give advice is easy, to follow your own advice is quite a different matter 🙂 Suppose you were not born, adopted or married into a wealthy family. You may think your luck is lame, but maybe things are not as bad as they seem. Rich families have their own despots.
To earn money always think out of the box. I will use Veto Corleone to make a point, although being a crime boss is not a smart way to make money. You can be killed, go to jail, and, really, there is no need for all that stress and bad karma. Smart people make money without breaking laws; they change the laws.
Vito Corleone was not physically the strongest, or the most educated man in the neighborhood, yet Vito became the Godfather- the boss. To become a leader one must appear to be fair. We hate injustice. The leader must have excellent social skills. One must also have strong connections with the community: know people, be one with the people, have respect of the people. Vito has another winning trait – he takes care of people. It is not a “one-way street” with Vito.
Most organizations begin with one hard working employee – the boss. Then, as the business expands, help is hired. Money is made. So, if owning a business is a recipe for success why most of us fail to build our own great corporation and make tons of money? Here are few reasons:
- We fail because we are afraid to start the business. We are afraid of failure. We are afraid to lose money.
- We don’t know what kind of business we want to have.
- We are not really passionate about the business we started.
- We borrow too much money and can’t pay it back.
- We fail because we don’t think, improve and innovate.
- We fail because we are out of touch with the community.
- We fail because we are too selfish.
We work hard, we work to make other people’s business flourish until one day we set ourselves free and become our own boss.