If you ever wondered why your ex married someone else, the answer may be as simple as – they were not all that into you. Learn how to tell when someone’s interest is deep enough and save yourself time and headache wasted on a superficial relationship.
We all project our feelings onto friends, family and loved ones. If we are interested, we think everybody is interested. This may not be the case. Women and men also differ in what they perceive to be the most important part of the relationship. For men, the most important part of the relationship is sex. Women look for love.
The man may be seriously interested in a woman, but if she misinterprets his intentions, she will not give him a chance. Alternatively, the man may not be serious about the woman and she will end up “stuck in a relationship that goes nowhere”.
Make yourself interesting, nobody is attracted to boring. Observe the other party’s interest level:
- Are you, yourself, really interested in this person? If you are not, the chances are good the other person is not all that into you either.
- Observe the person’s body language. If they are interested in you, they will have an open, forward posture. The person will be animated/excited. They will make more eye contact. They will observe you with interest.
- When someone is attracted to you, they will look for the opportunity to touch you. They will welcome your touch in return.
- Do they look for you (call, text…) as much as you look for them? If you are the only one who is “working” on the relationship, give it up, they are not all that into you.
- Are they often getting impatient with you to the point of being rude? If so, give them up they are not all that into you.
- When someone is committed to you, they will invest in the relationship with effort, favors, money, time.
- When someone is interested in you, they will reciprocate your giving.