If you are one of those people who say: I will have fun when I finish college, or I will have fun when I have my dream job, or make lots of money – you are spending the best years of your life in misery hoping that one day in the future you may enjoy your life. Life is a journey, we should enjoy every moment of it right now. It is important to set goals and have challenges to stimulate us, make life more interesting. However, we must be smart and have everything in moderation especially the stress.
Here are few steps for a more balanced and productive life:
- Monitor your thoughts. Mind is like a garden where thoughts can be beautiful flowers or garden weeds. Thoughts are energy, the energy tends to transform in material things. Use this to your advantage – encourage positive thinking. Slowly begin to substitute negative thoughts with more optimistic ones. Stop worrying. We have 30,000-75,000 thoughts per day, most of them are nonproductive, worrying thoughts. If the thoughts don’t improve our state of mind, get rid of them.
- Be mindful. Live in the moment. Pay attention and enjoy the experiences you have right this moment.
- Always strive to be a good person, do the right thing. Be helpful.
- Have a sense of humor. Laughter is a great stress reducer. Be playful, don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Take care of your health: eat right, exercise.
- Slow down. Take time to plan your actions. Stop making decisions on autopilot. Take all the decision that you make automatically and reevaluate your actions, there may be a better solution.
- Connect with others.
- Be thankful for the good things in your life.
- Have goals; know where you are headed.
- Evaluate once a year your positions. Are you happy with your job? Are you happy with your relationships? Make adjustments- fix it or let it go.